Thursday, December 30, 2004

Tips

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!

Recently I have been working on bibilical plants, however; it is a lot more in depth then I had anticipated, thus, it will take me a few more days to get it done so I am going to post some more tips today.They are always useful regardless.


Garden Journal.

Now is a good time to start a garden journal for next year's garden. In a notebook include areas for sample garden plans, weather information, planting, fertilizing, watering and harvesting dates, and the amount of money spent on garden purchases as in seeds, plants and materials.


Seed Catalogs

January will not only bring the New Year, but plenty of seed catalogs. Go through old catalogs and recycle those you won't need. Begin looking through new catalogs as they arrive for new and exotic varieties plants to grow.I love these catalogs, when I do not purchase the seeds themselves, I make a note of the desired plants I want and buy them when I have the money or the following year when I am able to adjust them into my garden plans.

Evaluate Landscape

Winter reveals the underlying structure, or so-called bones, of a landscape or garden. Without the distraction of greenery and color, we notice both the good and the bad points, sometimes all too easily. Take a little time to observe and jot down a few notes and/or snap a few photos. These will help you plan ahead for next spring and summer. As mentioned above add all of this to your garden journal.It makes things a lot easier when everything is together.


That is it for today,I will be back tomorrow with more tips.
Happy gardening .....


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails