Monday, January 24, 2005

Tips to kill bugs

As you can see I have made a banner for my floral gallery and added it. I am not even close to being finished but upon the advice of one of my new friends I have decided it would add more to the site and would make it more interesting.You can see my progress as I go along.
I was speaking to my mother today and she gave me some spectacular solutions for insecticidal soap, which I will be adding today.See even my mother loves gardening! I suppose that is where I get it, her as well as my grandmother, makes me wonder if my own daughter will love it as I do.

Tips to kill bugs

Ingrediants to make insecticidal soap
2-4 jalapeno peppers( serrano or habaners peppers)
3 cloves of garlic
A quart of water
Mix all ingredients in blender or chop garlic and peppers, let steep in the quart jar of water, let sit in the sun for several days. Spray as needed

Rubbing alchol is effective in mealy bugs, fungas gnats, whitefly, red spider mites and scales.
Use a cotton ball soaked in 70%achohol solution to wipe scales off plants, for whole plant spray, combine 1-2 cups of rubbing achohol with a quart of water.Test spray first on a small area of plant and wait a day to check for spray damage.If there is no damage go ahead and give it an application.


Killer cooking oil (This is good for ahpids)
1tbs of dishwashing detergent,
1 cup of vegtable oil
Add together
To make spray, mix 2 and a half teaspoons of the vegetable oil detergent mixure with a cup of water.Apply the spray to infested plants every 1-7 days.


That is it for today.
Until the next time be well and be safe!
Happy gardening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tanya,
I came across your blog as I was searching around for interesting posts on gardening and killing pests and bugs.

I had a few questions about your blog and was trying to find the best way to get in touch with you.

Please email me when you get an opportunity, thanks!

Bobby
bmpham@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails