Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Tips

I am going to post some tips today.
I am mixing things up lately to make it more interesting,although;everything about gardening interests me :)
I enjoy posting my photos lately and it seems to make the site looks a little more lively, so I have been thinking I am going to start posting one per day with my writeups.
They are all flower shots,thus go well with the site. I am beginning to love photography as much as writing and gardening, it has the same calming effect that gardening and writing have for me.I suppose when it really comes down to it, the shots I usually take go hand and hand with this site. Flowers are very appealing in more ways then one!


Campanula Blue Clips




Tips

Fertilize Winter Lawns
In warm areas, fertilize cool season grasses such as fescue and ryegrass with a fertilizer containing ammonium nitrate every three weeks. This type of fertilizer is fast acting in winter's cool soil conditions.

Think About Starting Seeds
Now that we're into the new year, it's time to plan the garden!
Start by checking out just what seeds you have leftover and by doing germination tests, if necessary, to see how viable they are.I normally
make a list of all that I have to stay better organized.
Gather pots, soil, permanent markers, labels, sphagnum moss for reducing damping off, and you're ready to start seeds

Making Your Wish List
Start making your master list of varieties you'd like to grow next summer, then check off the list down to a manageable size.
Basically choose only the plants you want most out of that list.
Get your orders in as soon as possible so you don't miss out on choice seeds that are in short supply, they always go on a first come, first
serve basis.

Save Forced Bulbs
To try and save forced narcissus, hyacinth, and tulip bulbs cut off the flower stalk, keep watered, fertilized and located in a sunny window until danger of frost has passed, and plant. They may produce flowers again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails