Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Tips

Just some quick tips today, I am actually designing a garden that I am going to add to my site with the list of plants to go with it, as well as trying to get my gallery done, so regardless to say I am fairly busy.
Tomorrow I will have a much longer write up done on perennials.


How To Store Bulbs

After first frost, dig, clean, dry and store for winter in damp peat and sand, this also applies to tubers as well, however; the peat should be fairly dry.



Start Cool Season Herbs

In warm areas, now is a good time to start Parsley, Dill,Chives,and Cilantro indoors for transplanting next month. The young seedlings can take cold weather and will reward you with an early crop of fresh herbs this spring, which is always a nice thing!


Water Evergreens

Winter dry spells can be as hard on evergreens such as pine and spruce. If the ground isn't frozen and you haven't had rain for 1 to 2 weeks, water trees and shrubs, especially those under building eaves. This also applies to evergreens and shrubs in containers such as the ones in the photograph I took below. This was taken just a week ago at a lovely pub garden :)





That's it for today folks.
Until the next time be well and be safe!
Happy gardening.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails